Software Project Management
The need for software project Management:
Before understanding the Need for software development first of all we need to understand what is a software project and what are the software development problems?
A software project is a complete procedure of software development from requirement gathering to testing and maintenance carried out according to the execution methodologies in a specific time to attain the intended software project.
A project is a well-defined task which is a collection of several operations done to achieve a goal a project can be characterized-
- Every project may have a unique goal.
- project is not a routine activity or day-to-day operations
- project come with a begin and finish date
- project ends once its goal is achieved. It is a temporary phase in the lifetime of an organization
- project that needs an adequate resource in terms of time, manpower, material, finance, and acknowledgment.
Software Development issues –
There are Some major issues of software development
- Development time issue
- System user interface issue
- Testing an integration issue
- Maintenance issue
- lack of common purpose issue [communication on problem]
Now the main thing to understand is: The Need for software project management-
Software is Set to be an intangible product, software development is a kind of all new stream in real-world Business & there is a very little experience in Building Software products, most software product maid to fit client requirement. The foremost vital thing is that the underlying technology is change & advance so frequently & rapidly that the experience of one Product may not be applied to another one. All such business & environmental constraints bring risk in software development. Hence, it is essential to manage software projects efficiently.
This is an essential part of software organization to delivered quality products keeping a cost within client budget and deliver a project as per Schedule. There are several factors both internal & external which may impact these triple constraint triangles.
Any of these 3 factors can Several impacts on the other 2, Therefore software. project management is essential to incorporate, user requirements all wide budget and time constraints.
Advantages of Software Project Management:
- It helps in planning of software development.
- Better Scheduling
- Implementation of software development is made easy.
- Standardised Processes
- Monitoring and controlling are aspects of software project management.
- Improved Productivity
- Enhanced customer satisfaction
- It overall manages to save time and cost for software development.
I hope this post helps you to understand the importance of Software Project Management (SPM).
Keep learning 🙂