What is Microsoft Azure its services and uses
Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing service created by Microsoft for building, managing, testing and deploying applications and services through Microsoft-managed data centers. It provides software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS) and infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and supports many various programming languages, frameworks and tools including both Microsoft-specific and third-party software and systems.
Two terms are mostly used in Azure:
Microsoft lists over 600 Azure services; some of that is:
- Virtual machines, infrastructure as a service(IaaS) allowing users to launch general- Microsoft Windows and Unix system virtual machines, also as preconfigured machine images for widespread software packages
- App services, platform as a service(PaaS) environment letting developers easily publish and manage websites.
- Mobile Engagement collects a period of real-time analytics that highlight users’ behavior. It also provides push notifications to mobile devices.
- Storage Services provides REST and SDK APIs for storing and accessing data on the cloud.
- Queue Service lets programs communicate asynchronously by message using queues.
- File Service permits storing and access to data on the cloud using the REST APIs or the SMB protocol.
- Cosmos DB is a NoSQL database service that implements a group of the SQL SELECT statement on JSON documents.
- SQL Database, formerly known as SQL Azure Database, works to create, scale and extend applications into the cloud using Microsoft SQL Server technology.
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse is a fully managed cloud data warehouse for enterprises of any size that combines lightning-fast query performance with industry-leading data security.
Every service includes reach set of features and resources with great scalability, adaptability and flexibility.
Why uses the Azure?
- Speed: Faster than traditional application development
- Extend your existing IT infrastructure
- 99% uptime
- Protect your data
- Backup and recovery
You can use Azure to create your cloud environment, Virtual machine, host web applications, Storage, SQL database server and many more.
I hope this post helps you to understand Microsoft Azure and its Services.
Keep learning 🙂